Studies have shown that starving yourself doesn’t really work in losing weight. It will always have you craving more food later in the day and you end up eating more than you should. Rather than starvng yourself, take in food that increase your body’s ability to burn calories and curb your cravings. Here are food suggested by experts to help you trim down fat faster than eating less.
1. Quinoa – It packs both fiber (2.6 grams per 1/2 cup) and protein, a combo that can keep you satisfied for hours.
2. Steak – Beef is known to be a diet buster, but eating it may actually help you peel off pounds. In a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, women on a diet that included red meat lost more weight than those eating equal calories but little beef. The protein in steak helps you retain muscle mass during weight loss. Eat it grilled or broiled together with your salad or some veggies.
3. Eggs – Women on a low-calorie diet who ate an egg with toast and jelly each morning lost twice as many pounds as those who had a bagel breakfast with the same number of calories but no eggs. Egg protein is filling, so you eat less later in the day.
4. Kale – One raw chopped cup contains 34 calories and about 1.3 grams of fiber, as well as a hearty helping of iron and calcium. If you have problems with kale’s earthy flavor, you can take spinach as an alternative.
5. Goji berries – These berries have a hunger-curbing edge over other fruit. It has 18 amino acids, which make them a surprising source of protein and contain more beta-carotene than carrots with a calorie cost of only 35 per tablespoon. Snack on them midafternoon to stay satisfied until dinner.
6. Buckwheat pasta – Buckwheat is high in fiber and, unlike most carbs, contains protein. Those two nutrients make it very satiating, so it’s harder to overeat buckwheat pasta than the regular stuff.
7. Almond butter – Adding this spread may lower bread’s glycemic index (a measure of a food’s effect on blood sugar). A study from the University of Toronto found that people who ate almonds with white bread didn’t experience the same blood sugar surges as those who ate only the slice. The higher blood sugar levels rise, the lower they fall; that dip leads to hunger, causing people to overeat. Furthermore, blood sugar changes cause the body to make insulin, which can increase abdominal fat.
8. Pomegranates – In addition to being loaded with folate and disease-fighting antioxidants, they’re low in calories and high in fiber, so they satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your diet.
Make sure to blend these superfoods into your diet for a successful weight loss program. Eating less doesn’t necessarily mean you burn fat. It can actually stump your metabolism and your body will preserve itself by burning less calories. Eat regularly with the proper food and exercise. This is still the best weight-buster.